The ESCO accreditation certifies that Enova is competent and has the capabilities to analyze, design, provide financing and monitor energy-efficient projects across the region. It is a significant milestone that reaffirms the company’s commitment to sustainability and energy management and its timing comes in line with many energy diversification projects.
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia:
In the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, a certificate by the Saudi Energy Efficiency Center (SEEC) is needed to conduct Energy Performance Contracts (EPCs) and tender for projects through the National Energy Services Company Tarshid. Enova is SEEC-certified and is helping clients retrofit their buildings to achieve ambitious energy efficiency targets.
- Early 2020, Enova announced the handover of the first-ever retrofit project awarded in KSA by Tarshid, cutting the energy use of SASO’s facility by over 30 percent.
United Arab Emirates:
- Dubai: Enova was the first company in Dubai to receive the ESCO (energy services company) accreditation from the Regulatory and Supervisory Bureau (RSB) in 2014. As a consequence of its strong dedication, Enova signed two Energy Performance Contracts (EPCs) with Etihad Energy Service Company (Etihad ESCO) to deliver energy saving solutions for seven DEWA-owned buildings (2015) and 157 accommodation buildings in JAFZA 1&2 (2016).
- Sharjah: Since February 2018, Enova is also ESCO certified with the Sharjah Energy and Water Authority SEWA. This represents a new field of opportunities for us and we are excited to support Sharjah on their way to a more energy efficient future.
- Ras Al Khaimah: Following Dubai and Sharjah, Enova also received the official ESCO accreditation for UAE's emirate of Ras Al Khaimah in April 2019. We are pleased to support and be part of Ras Al Khaimah's path to a more energy efficient and sustainable future, starting with four municipality buildings (2018).
- Abu Dhabi: In the emirate of Abu Dhabi, a specific trade license allows Enova to provide Building Energy Efficiency Services and we are currently implementing energy efficiency measures for a series of buildings.