Majid Al Futtaim is the leading shopping malls, communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Today, Majid Al Futtaim owns and operates 27 malls, welcoming over 178 million visitors annually.
Enova first gained credibility in the region by maintaining the growing portfolio of Majid Al Futtaim assets. Over the years, the partnership has grown to integrate energy efficiency solutions to achieve the Group’s sustainability objectives. In 2019, Majid Al Futtaim approved the launch of an energy reduction plan at 15 of its malls across 5 countries: the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain, Lebanon and Egypt.
Phase I: Achieving savings without investment
In 2019, Enova focused solely on energy efficiency measures that did not require investment. The teams of Hubgrade, Enova’s smart monitoring platform, and site operations worked closely together to identify measures directed at optimizing the operation of existing systems.
- Air Handling Units and Fresh Air Handling Units
- Optimize the cooling schedule, temperature, and CO2 set points based on the mall's operating hours.
- Ensure the optimal operation of chilled water valves, air dampers, fans, and heat recovery systems.
- Harness free cooling during the winter season
- Optimize the operations schedule and the chilled water supply temperature based on the mall’s operating hours.
- Ensure efficient plant operation and minimize losses through close monitoring of KPIs.
- Secondary pumps
- Optimize of the operations schedule based on the mall’s operating hours.
- Ensure optimal operation of the pumps to match the cooling load.
- Cooling towers
- Ensure optimum level of cycles of concentration (COC).
- Apply a dynamic setpoint based on the wet-bulb temperatures.
- Optimize the operation of the cooling towers fans during the cool season.